Sunday, September 12, 2010

Good Weekend and Last Dinner mentality

I love this time of year.  Here in the Cincinnati area, nights gets cooler, days are warm and sunny - but lack the horrid humidity of the summer.  We sleep with windows wide open and pull the blanket a little tighter in the morning.

We had my girlfriends and their significant others for dinner last night.  We had decided to try and have dinner every other month, taking turns to host and giving us an opportunity to use good china and things that you get for your wedding, but seem to rarely get to use.  It's been fun.  But the best part is that we were able to eat on our patio last night.  Perfect!

This also helped me to complete the nest phase of this surgery, the one I discussed here.  I was able to finish cleaning most of the major areas, leaving the office for while I am off.

Eek...it's only 4 more days until surgery!  I can't believe it's almost here.  I am ready to move past it and onto life after the band.  I just got back from the store to get milk and a few things for DH, so he can survive at least the first few days of post-op without me having to go to the store.

Of course, while I was there I picked up pretzels and dip.  You know, because I'll never be able to eat those again.  BAER.  And pop.  There was a new flavor - I had to try it.  Oh dear band, please help me to control some urges - and if I buy such stuff, keep me from eating more than a taste.

I'm trying to figure out if I want to go out for dinner Tues or Wed night.  I feel like I want to - but don't all the same.  Again with the last supper routine....

struggle struggle struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment