Monday, September 20, 2010

2 recipes

I'm starting to feel a little more normal.  I'm home from work today - trying to figure out if I will try gooing back for part of the day at least tomorrow.  To be determined.

But, I am trying today to get in some decent protein and water.  I found 2 great recipes that I wanted to share for these full liquid days.

Chicken Enchilada Soup
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/2 can mild enchilada sauce
1 can skim milk

mix into a pot and warm slowly.

This is tasty - use more or less enchilada sauce as you can handle it.  1/2 can is a little kicky, but I like a little kick and it's nice to have some flavor.  It's not horribly high in protein, I think I figured about 5g for 6 oz, but it is a good tasting alternative when those around you are eating real, savory food.  I found this recipe in several different places - blogs and message boards - I can't remember where exactly to credit them.


I also made the Peanut Butter Cup Protein Shake found on http://www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com/  If you haven't been to her site, you should.  Tons of protein shake recipes and other good high protein recipes.  She had RNY, but so much of her stuff is great as a resource for those of us who are banded.  Anyway, the Peanut Butter Cup shake might just save me.  It tasted like a real shake and I was able to drink it all.  I did use the Peanut Butter Flour, which I think is going to be a wonderful addition to the pantry as well!  16g of protein for 1/4 cup.  She has another on her website that is PB&J Protein Shake - I think I'm trying that one out tomorrow! 

How is everyone else doing?  Any other tips, tricks, things you discovered during your postop full liquids phase that might help us all get through it?

Until later!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on banding :) My surgery is Wednesday at 7:30. I am getting soooo excited. Glad your doing well. I'm sure I'll find some yummy stuff over the next few weeks i'll send your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That chicken enchilada soup sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for finding me!

    How are you feeling today? I chose Thursday to be banded so that I could take Thurs and Fri completely off, and I'll be working from home on Mon and Tues. I am hoping I am feeling up to going back to work on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum!! I wonder if you could at the no flavor protein powder to bulk it up!?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda - that's what i was thinking. I just hadn't ventured out to find any yet.

    Liz - I am doing ok today. I had a bit of a stomach issue last night and this morning, so I decided one more day at home. I think it's due to all liquids....

    Lynne - I'll be thinking about you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete