Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Scale I'm in Love With...

...happens to be the one at my Weight Watchers meeting.  It always shows lower than my one at home.  This morning at home, I was sure I was gaining this week.  Got to my meeting - down 1.6!!  Woo hoo!!

So, I'm down more than 5% according to when I started WW - which is after I had lost about 5 pounds from my heaviest.  I am down 15.4 according to WW - and that is from one week prior to surgery.  So, in 4 weeks.

Feeling pretty good about that.

Still struggling with breaking the bread habit.  Seriously, one bite and I feel tight.  But my brain can't seem to get that and I keep taking bites thinking it's all good.  I need to get that Pavlov thing going soon!  LOL

Not much else going on.  We started a walking competition between our plant and the other plants in the US.  We all have fancy pedometers that download onto a website.  Kinda cool.  Do you have any idea how many steps you take in a day?  I had no clue.  I knew that about 2500 is a mile.  I knew that in theory you should be stepping 10k a day.  I thought, ok.   I have a desk job.  I walk a bit at work, but not constantly.  I should at least be at 5k a day.

wrong.

If I don't work at it, I end up at 2500 - 3500 a day.  For the love.  So, last week, I went to work late one day and got in a 1.5 mile walk.  Ended up with almost 8k.

Some of the highest steppers have shared that they are constantly moving at night in front of the TV.  I'm going to have to "step" (haha) it up.  :)  We have 6 months and our goal is to fictitiously walk from Breckenridge, CO to Las Vegas....  I might never make it at this rate!!

I'm off today and tomorrow.  I am hoping to get in some heavy duty walking tomorrow!!  I have days to burn - which I love.  So, these days are great...nothing much planned, plenty to get done.  Maybe it will, maybe it won't!!

Until later!

1 comment:

  1. One of my band rules was no bread, rice, or pasta for 6 months at all. And while rice and even pasta to a lesser extent was not going to be an issue for me, I was worried about totally giving up bread. But, oddly enough - it's been surprisingly easy. Now, I'm a rule follower from way back and that came in handy particularly right after surgery because I followed every rule diligently - but now it's really not a big deal. I do eat crackers here and there and cereal mixed in with my yogurt. Maybe if you could seriously force yourself to go cold turkey for... say - a week, then you could look back and it might help you decide not having any is a more doable option for you then having a bite here and there.

    Good luck with it, however you continue to approach it.

    ReplyDelete