Friday, November 5, 2010

Challenges and The Challenge

I know - I've been missing from these parts.  Work has been crazy - life is a little crazy.  And well, this whole band thing has me challenged.

Good news about general stuff - tomorrow night DH and I are going to a hotel downtown to stay and celebrate our 2nd anniversary.  I am looking forward to just spending some time with him away from our house and things.  It will be nice to have a good dinner and I think I'm going to surprise him with a carriage ride afterward.  Then to stay in a place I didn't have to clean before or after we are there.  I love that part of hotels.  Monday night we have tickets for the football game.  This will be my first regular season game - so, I'm excited to go!  I guess I just gave away where I live to anyone who is a football fan....  ahh well.

DH also was offered a job this week.  He was laid off about a year and a half ago, but has been going to school.  I was fine with the lay off as long as he was going to school.  We did unemployment for a while and then he started doing some teaching work for his professor.  But I know he feels better about now getting to do some of the things he's been learning about on a regular basis.  I'm proud of him.  But, I know that things will get a little crazy around here and that I will be seeing less of him for a while, until school is over.

So, in band news - I gained this week.  Only .6, but if you have been around here much, I've been going up and down for about a month now.  I know I am not doing my best.  I am eating less than I ever have.  I went to breakfast with my mom and sister and niece and nephew this morning and had only 1/2 of my omelet and 1/2 of the hash browns and 2 pieces of toast.  Once upon a time, I wouldn't have left anything.  However, I kinda feel like that's more than I should have had.  I also know I'm not drinking enough water.  I am trying...but especially on my days away from work, I'm struggling with getting even a decent amount in.  I just need to get more aware - and really start carrying some with me everywhere I go.  I have been walking more.  I am trying to keep up with everyone at work and their progress.  Have I mentioned before that the woman who is leading us all has been AVERAGING over 30k steps a day!  A DAY!!!

It is not me in the lead.

In fact, I barely do 1/6 of her work in one day, unless I am really getting after it.

But some days I do great.

So...food - needs to get healthier and more protein filled.  Water needs to be consumed more.  Exercise needs to be up-ed.

I am also going to go ahead and get the fill scheduled for the week after Thanksgiving.  Plenty of time to adjust to a fill into the holidays.  And that will be 6 weeks after my last one.

So, I also joined in the challenge that Kristen is hosting.  Today is the last day to get in, if you want to be in!!  It's a great chance to motivate and win some moolah - both things that are completely bonuses!!  Plus, I am finding new people to follow.  I need a job where all day long I read blogs.  Just saying.

Speaking of blogs - I'm going to let you all in on a little secret here in my world.  I follow blogs that focus on - and have developed a pastime for - finding good deals, mostly at grocery stores.  For instance, today, I got some free lactose free milk (for DH) and free turkey bacon - 4 packages.  So excited.  Yesterday - cheap weight w@tchers frozen meals.  cheap enough that I don't care if I don't eat the whole package.  That makes me happy.

Now, I'm off to make some homemade applesauce - chunky kind - to use up some of the apples I've been a buying.

I hope you all are doing well!!!

until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment